I had a veeeeeery interesting dream about Ben Afleck last night.
First of all, it turns out that in my subconscious, Ben is well-read and very interested in the process of teaching English literature. Also, he thinks I have great, um, assets.
Anyway, we’re on our way upstairs to, well, y’know, when I WOKE UP.
So there you have it. Apparently extramarital adventures, even with celebrities, are off-limits. I can’t even have dream sex. Stupid morals. 😛
One of many beautiful pix on my dad’s site. Go there. Gaze in wonder.
According to a recent article on the BBC web site, “The music industry is to take legal action against 247 online song-swappers across Europe in the biggest crackdown against music piracy outside the US…
The first wave of legal actions will affect Germany, Italy, Denmark and Canada, and will be implimented according to that country’s law.”
What’s a few thousand miles of ocean between friends?
Oh, and I think I’m professionally obligated to cringe at the the “according to that country’s law” error. Should be “according to each country’s law,” or something like that – unless the legal actions really will be implemented according to Canada’s law.
via Jiiiiim, via a blog from a broad (happy birthday, and happy Roman holiday, Lisa!!)
Turns out Elvis is Scottish.
“Paul Downie, spokesman for Scotland’s Elvis Touch Fan Club, said fans have suspected for years that their idol was connected to Scotland.”
Two news items made me giggle this morning:
1. Drunk Texas dad asks 11-year-old son to drive – any bets on how long before the ex-wife takes this guy back to court?
2. Attack carp – Perhaps inspired by recent “preventative measures” in the international news, carp in the lower Missouri River are leaping out of the water when they see a boat coming. And they’re not trying to jump out of the way.
1. You’re invited to a friend’s birthday dinner and it begins at 6 p.m.
2. It ends at 9:30.
3. The highlight of the evening is when one of the party calls home to find out who is the new leader of the Conservative Party*.
4. A lively discussion ensues.
5. Later, while watching SNL (and not, I might add, ’til the end), the only thing you can think about the rappers clutching their crotches is “do they have to pee, or are they just trying to hold up their ridiculously baggy pants?”
Apparently, this guy is too dumb even for the Darwin’s, since he didn’t, technically, get dead.
“When he realized that he was unable to nail his other hand to the board, he called 911.”
You are Dr. Frank from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
You are the epitome of mad science. And a damn hot sweet transvestite.
Choose your henchmen carefully.
Which Cool Evil Guy Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla
Recently, I pointed out that the Bush campaign ads feature blacks, Latinos, whites and Asians, but no Arab faces.
I was wrong.
This ad, released March 11, does feature a Middle Eastern face – just when the voice over says John Kerry wants to “weaken the Patriot Act used to arrest terrorists and protect America.”
Oops, my bad.