Contributed by shakylegs
Makes about 60 cookies. You better have a large cookie tin.
Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 60 cookies
- Stand Mixer
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter (I find that salt-free or half-salt tastes better)
- .5 cup sugar
- .5 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips (the recipe calls for Nestle, I use President’s Choice: bigger chips)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I don’t add these)
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips (and nuts).
- Drop onto ungreased baking sheets. (I used Silpat; it makes all baking a complete joy.)
- Bake in preheated 375F oven for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown.