This is a very nice loaf that uses 4 different nuts and 2 kinds of seeds (or 5 and 1, depending on your personal stand on the pine nut issue).
8 ounces bulgur wheat
12 ounces boiling water
3 tbsp soy sauce
6 ounces pistachio nuts
6 ounces pine nuts
8 ounces blanched almonds
6 ounces cashews
4 ounces hazelnuts
4 ounces pumpkin seeds
12 ounces finely chopped onions
4 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 generous tsp dried lemon thyme
4 large eggs, lightly whisked
4 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Place bulgur in a mixing bowl and pour on the water and soy sauce. Cover and let stand 25 minutes.
2. Grind pistachios and pine nuts together, removing 2 tbsp for the topping. Grind the rest of the nuts and seeds, then add the bulgur. Finally, mix together with the remaining ingredients. Let stand during Step 3:
3. Oil a large baking sheet and line with wax paper, then prepare a foil hood for the loaf.
4. Shape the mixture into a loaf, pressing firmly together. Prick the top with a skewer and drizzle a little oil over the top, finally sprinkling with the reserved nuts. Cap loosely with the foil hood.
5. Bake at 375 F for 40 minutes. Remove the foil hood, baste and bake a further 10 minutes.